Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Starting BCx Monday: FAQ and Answers with Brad :)

I’ve gotten several questions from several of you who are starting BCx on Monday with me. So I thought I’d make this little note for everyone to answer most of the questions. For example: “Why are you so verbal about BCx and why have you invited so many people to join you in another round of BCx?” To put it simply, this worked for me. It has helped to transform my body and my habits. So I’m excited about it, and as most of you know, if I am excited about something I talk about it with my friends. That’s why I’ve extended an open invitation for anyone to join me for 4 weeks of pain and transformation. Ok, some of you I called and pestered.

What helped me and what will help you to get the most out of the next 4 weeks of BCx.

  1. Introduce yourselves on the forums and encourage each other. Sure you can do this alone without ever showing up on the forums. But I had the greatest motivation and accountability through interacting with real people on the forums. Just knowing that other people are keeping the same kinds of commitments as you are and that they are experiencing the same challenges was huge for me. Plus, you can take total advantage of the knowledge of Bonnie and Steve, the trainers. They are always there for help and support.
  2. Post your times on the forum board as well. This is incredible accountability. I didn’t want to do this at all when I first started. But I quickly realized people weren’t ‘judging’ my times. Instead, I found that by being committed to posting my times everday after every workout, I never skipped a day. When I was tempted to miss a day because of my schedule, I remembered quickly that others were there, going through the same challenges as me.
  3. Use Facebook, Twitter, and forums to daily encourage each other. I must tweet 4-5 times a day with my fellow BCxers. It makes all the difference in the world. Of course, I like connecting with people, so I feel this way. However, introverts may find as well that nothing can replace the camaraderie developed with each other. So use facebook, twitter and anything else you can to communicate with each other.
  4. Do what you can, not what you can’t. You don’t have to be in good shape to participate everyday. If you are just starting, like I was, just TRY to accomplish each day’s mission. You can modify, you can slow down, you can cut out reps… but DON’T GIVE UP. A huge part of BCx, for me, was staying committed and active everyday. Don’t compare yourself to other people. Instead, stick with the commitment you’ve made to yourself to care for yourself. If you are following along on the videos Steve and Bonnie made for each workout, feel free to pause it and go at your own pace. If you aren’t using the videos and are executing the exercises on your own, then be consistent and do a little more than you think you can.
  5. Take before and after pics and measurements. You don’t have to show these to anyone. But, they become total motivators as you begin to see the changes occurring in your body. Seriously, by week 2, I was looking in the mirror after every mission to see the difference. And I could see the difference.

If you miss a day, come back, don’t quit. If you don’t feel like doing the mission that day, reach out to someone and tell them so. You will get encouragement from them I assure you.

If you have any other questions, please post them on the forums or call me or whatever. Thanks!

No comments: