
india is winning the battle to produce generic pharmaceuticals which will help to save the lives of millions who cannot otherwise afford the necessary drugs to live.
"Millions of people living in poverty depend on affordable medicines made in India. When Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis launched a legal battle to challenge India’s right to produce cheap, generic versions of medicines, half a million people - including 80,000 Oxfam supporters - voiced their opposition. And it has worked!"
read the full story here at the oxfam site.
the movement has also forced novartis into the global view and with their reputation at stake (and stocks) they have issued this open letter in which they have begun giving free care to the extremely poor people of india. read open letter here.
3 comments:
Hi,
I'm interested in using the image above in my blog. Do you have the copyright or can you point me in the direction of who does have it so that I can content them?
Thanks,
Gregor
Gregor,
I am replying in regards to using the image of the pills from my blog. I purchased the image from istockphoto.com. It's easy to get an account there and you can purchase different types of copyrights for images there.
If you aren't familiar with istockphoto, all you have to do is become a member (free)...purchase some credits...and then you use your credits to obtain the image you desire.
Hope this helps.
Brad,
Many thanks - I've found the image and purchased it.
Thanks for your help and prompt reply!
Best wishes,
Gregor
Post a Comment