Pages

Monday, October 08, 2007

my silence


I haven’t blogged since September 21, 2007. That’s 18 calendar days, or a lifetime in the blogosphere. I also haven’t spent much time reading blogs either. The reason why? Something had to go for the time being. I had been spending so much time doing and little time being. There are some areas of my life that need to go deeper and blogging was the casualty of the time needed to go deeper. I don’t believe this to be a permanent Sabbath. For those of you who blog, you understand the pressure that can come from trying to blog daily and keep up with everyone else’s blog. The pressure to keep the traffic coming through (and I get very little! I couldn’t imagine the pressure of having a lot of visitors). Anyway, I don’t want to bow to that pressure and end up putting out shallow posts.

There are quite a few posts that I have on the burner. One I’m particularly excited about is an interview with Rick Meigs, the blind beggar. It’s only a matter of time before I have the balance to continue.

4 comments:

James Diggs said...

I feel ya. Every time I get on a roll blogging it is short lived and I fall off the the face of the world wide web for a while. Life can get busy, and neither of us should beat ourselves up for not being able to keep up with our blog when keeping up with so many other things should take priority.

Take your time bro, we'll be here when you get back.

peace,

James

brad said...

thanks james, thats much appreciated. i think the thing that encourages me most about needing a break is in knowing that others truly understand and deal with the same thing.

:)

brad

Anonymous said...

Blogging can become a beast that demands feeding, so I'm glad to see you dealing with it. You should blog because you feel a need to express something God is working into your life, not because it is expected or because it feeds the ego (not suggesting either have been or are your motive, just talking out loud).

My prayer for you is that echoed in Jesus teaching:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

"Blessed are they that mourn:
for they shall be comforted.

"Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.

"Blessed are the merciful:
for they shall obtain mercy.

"Blessed are the pure in heart:
for they shall see God.

"Blessed are the peacemakers:
for they shall be called the children of God."

Be blessed!

brad said...

rick, thanks for the blessing! right on target as always. i appreciate your words.

...not blogging because it's expected or because of ego is a tricky one isn't it. the pride of 'putting something out there' can be so deceptive in my life. i think you're spot on with that statement too.

look forward to catching up with you soon rick.

brad