
my wife turned me on to a nice little piece this morning in relevant magazine, written by brian mayfield entitled, "on using your own fork." as a pastor i seriously cannot recall the number of times that i've heard what brian refers to in his quote below. it is a short piece and an easy read:)
(...and oh look! one of my favorite artists is on the cover this month!)
"Recently, I dialogued with someone who shared with me of their plan to find a new church. This person felt that he could no longer attend our church because he was not “being fed.” Due to the fact that I have heard these words countless times before, it got me wondering, “What does that actually mean? Why are there so many Christians out there leaving their churches because they are spiritually starving?” Am I missing something? . . . Most often, it seems that those who feel they are not “being fed” are the ones who have failed to feed anyone else."
No comments:
Post a Comment