Pages

Monday, February 05, 2007

Introduction from Lance

Alright, I've finally joined this blog that shares my name, and so bear with me as I try to figure out what this format is all about.
Brad said I should start with basics, so here it is:
38, happily married, 2 cats, manage a marina, opening a printing studio, starting to publish books again, studying for ordination, run a food bank with my wife.
Currently Researching: early 20th century graphic design, Biblical archaeology, AIDS in Africa, etc.
This is currently in my mp3 player: Ute Lemper, Bjork, Interpol, Lata Mangeshkar, DJ Cheb i Sabbah, Sonic Youth, Merle Haggard, Flaming Lips, Rob Bell (sermons), etc.
I watch too many films, and now I rent too much television on DVD. We live in the middle of nowhere, and so we passed on cable in lieu of a much deadlier addiction then heroin: Netflix. here's a list of some recent favorites: Noi Albino, Rome (HBO), Touchez Pas au Grisbi (Fr. 1954), Foyle's War (BBC), Tsotsi, The Proposition (rough to watch in parts, but a great sense to the whole film), Favela Rising (a new edition to my top 25), The Wire (HBO), Joint Security Area (Korean), Good Bye Lenin, Triplets of Belleville, Nowhere in Africa, The Five Obstructions, Nights of Cabiria, Battle of Algiers, etc.
Yeah, I keep a list of 460 films worth seeing, here's the top 20 in no particular order: Sacrifice (Soviet), Proof (Australia), Remains of the Day, Toto the Hero, Stalker (Soviet), Wings of the Desire, Fail Safe, Conversation (Coppola), Chinatown, Dr. Strangelove, Hotel Terminus, Z, King of Comedy, Camera Buff, Being There, Heavenly Creatures, White (Kieslowski), Touch of Evil, Stroszek, Olivier Olivier.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

lance,

welcome to the scene. quite glad you're here.

and that's some assortment of movies. any top recommendations for the blockbuster total access qeue?