
Dan Shaughnessy has written an article in today's Boston Globe. The reporter claims to have copied some posts from Curt Schilling's personal blog, 38pitches, and put them in his article. The article is meant to be satirical as all the 'comments and answers' have been made up by Shaughnessy in order to mock Schilling's blog. Shaughnessy never admits to this in his article and has yet to publicly acknowledge his false report.
There is bad blood between Shaughnessy and Schilling in regards to a professional athlete and a reporter trading barbs.
At a deeper level, my personal belief is that the media is feeling the tension of not being the only source for information concerning a related reporting field.
The media is where I would like to turn to get an objective report. However, I think this particular circumstance points to how subjective reporters are.
How about you? Would you rather hear an inning by inning view directly from a pitcher, or from the media? If you are a blogger, are you offended by Dan Shaughnessy's article?
2 comments:
Whoa...I couldn't figure out if this was Brad or Lance...
Brad...You used capitals...I'm amazed. :P
Yes, you are probably right: "he who writes the story controls the glory."
Post a Comment